Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dirty carpet and Grace...

I'm always amazed at how God convicts me of sin in my life, it's usually in the most mundane of activities that I can see my own wretchedness.I vacuum A LOT...because I'm a neat freak or OCD about being clean? No, not really(well, not since having kids). There are 9 of us sharing this home and our carpet gets DIRTY. Even though we usually take our shoes off. So I clean a lot, not because we are so clean but because we are dirty;) I notice how many times I change that cup on the vacuum...just about every room..no kidding. But today it hit me...that dirt and filth that is in my carpet represents the sin in my life. No matter how often I clean it just gets dirty again and again. There are pros and cons to carpet. Carpet feels nice under your feet, it's warm in the winter, it makes you comfortable. The same can be said for sin. Sometimes it feels good and we get comfortable with it. Something else that carpet does...it hides dirt pretty well. How often do we hide and cover up our sin? So sometimes we can get away without vacuuming for a day or two but that dirt just gets deeper and deeper into the carpet. Same for sin, we can try to cover it up for a little while but it gets deeper and deeper...imbedded. Now wood floors on the other hand...they don't hide dirt very well at all, your feet get cold, you're not nearly as comfortable. Enter Law and Grace! the Law exposes my sin and Grace forgives me of it! Praise God! I'm so thankful for His mercies on my life, so thankful that He has forgiven me...not because of my "clean" self righteousness but because of His Amazing Grace!



 "but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us"
Romans 5:8
ESV


In Christ,
Sandy

No comments: